Ok, I guess it's finally here. I've packed up and am heading to Europe for 3 months*. Practically speaking, staying and working as a freelance art director for the rest of the summer would probably have been the most wise ($) choice. But, we all know someone's going to move the cheese before I'm ready anyway so why not just stop running after it for a bit and see what else is around. Go soil my creative oats. Feed my brain a bit. Experience a summer away from the hot and hazy and humid and sweaty Brooklyn for once.
Also, Marcia is there and I am not. I couldn't let this moment pass without experiencing and living in Berlin with her. Years down the line when she is still taking like "that time in berlin I..." Well, in Berlin they..." "when i was in europe..."
So here I am, starting a record of my time away.
I usually let pictures say all the words. It isn't going to be easy attempting to write and publish my own. Ok, some notes about this journal project:
- The idea is to write more, and at the least post a recap once a week. I did something similar 12 years ago during an internship in Zürich, which was fun and now it's the only way i look back at that time.
- Post are bound to get cut off abruptly. Done is better than perfect, right?
- I'm usually afraid to write because of the many mistakes that i'll to make and the little embarrassment i feel when i go back to read it a day, a month or 10 years later. But they say reading more helps so…
- I'd like to read as many books as weeks that i'm here and share my thoughts on them. Recommendations welcome.
- Content won't always be specifically about the trip. Maybe just some things I want to keep a personal record of.
Now, onto the show.